Monday, April 20, 2009

The Combination of Elements that Created Me

08/04/09
Hum 1 Whiting


Myself


I am the wagging of a puppy's tail, with a willingness to please, and the spirit of a joker.

I am the lone howl of the wolf, hunting answers to the questions I find myself asking.

I am the twitching of a rabbit's nose, sensitive and alert, feeling the vibrations of the surrounding mood, sensing the right moment to flee.

I am the gallop of the horse's legs, guiding him victoriously to the finish, fast and swift, always graceful.


I am the ocean, a rich blue, dark secret as you journey into my depths.

I am the golden sand of the dunes of a desert, whipping the bodies of the tired and hungry forward.

I am the heart of a green forest, hidden, yet centered.

I am the light sky, bright and shining, occasionally cloudy with the chance of storms.


I am myself, the individual human, a concoction of elements to create one like no other.

Pictures!!

I chose this picture because it represents two things- the animal side and the natural side. This picture puts description into images of the howling, lone wolf and how it represents individuality. The natural part of this painting is the forest, and how in pictures, it is always centered around something, even though that something is in the midst of the forest, basically at a rather random point in the forest. Lastly, this image gives you an image of what individuality could be pictured as.



http://commissionworks4pets.com/shop.php




This painting is a perfect example of the bunny line in my poem. It shows almost exactly what the metaphor explains- a bunny, alert, a peaceful-looking place that could fume up into flames any second.




http://cgi.ebay.com.my/LTD-ED-WILD-RABBIT-PAINTING-PRINT-BY-SUZANNE-LE-GOOD_WoQQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260373477587







This painting is of the flying of the horse's legs- the line was meant to sound like that of a famously fast racehorse.



http://www.fieldgalleries.co.uk/index.php?cat=Giclee_Limited_Edition_Prints

No comments: